After the first meeting with my supervisor, we made some last changes in my research question, so my final question is:
To what extent do the themes differ from each other in two siblings’ novels, Charlotte and Emily Bronte, in Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights?
After the meeting, I was also informed about several things:
- ESSAY OUTLINE is very important and should be known.
- EXTENDED ESSAY CRITERIA is also another very important resource that I will need to use as I will get points based on that criteria.
- Subtitles should be thought through thoroughly.
- What we do in the extended essay is completely different from summarizing. Giving a summary of the book is not what is wanted.
- PEE technique (point-evidence-explain) —>>>> It shouldn’t be narrative, always go back to your research question and refer to it.
- What’s your point?
- What’s your evidence? (Quotation from the book)
- Explain (How does this quotation help you?)